Friday, September 2, 2011

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson




Recovery is inevitable. I know this, but it is so hard not to be impatient at times. It's happening in the cycles that it is supposed to, according to the many helpful books I have read. I tried to rush it, but only made it worse. It can't be rushed. The problem with having the knowledge that I've acquired about this, and the deep interest in the subject matter for career development, is that I constantly believe that I can rise above it. I can't. There is nothing about me that is exceptional or different than any other woman trying to heal. I understand what is going on within me and why, but that's not enough. I actually have to do the work to heal. I have to remember that. My feelings of self worth cannot be reset every time him and I see each other, or even speak... I am worth so much more. I am worth this recovery.

I'm the only person that can define who I am. He never should have, and I cannot allow him to now. I know who I am and what I am worth. I am a caring, enthusiastic, hard working, intelligent woman. I am an excellent mother and have raised two brilliant, loving, beautiful children. I love my life. I love the people in my life...and I deserve it all.

Some days are tougher than others...but I'm getting closer.

I've surrounded myself with the people who can and want to:
make me smile.
smile because of me.
laugh with me.
care about me.
receive care from me.
be with me.
let me be there for them.
be there for me.




I'm going to add to this list later. The people that are in my life will be here forever. I have been fortunate enough to experience unimaginable support system in my family and friends. They are still by my side and I have no doubt that they value me as much as I value them.

No comments:

Post a Comment